Enterprise Platforms is a global, multi-disciplinary team responsible for researching, designing, testing and building world-class tools, practices and systems used across Goldman Sachs. Partnering with colleagues from Technology and the business, EP solves critical problems, maintains and strengthens essential systems, provides training and internal consultancy, and safeguards the firm’s culture of high-caliber software engineering.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• • Engage with application development teams to provide timely end-to-end delivery of appropriate platform solutions
• Collaborate with application development teams—and the development community at large—to analyze and resolve escalations
• Provide technical guidance on established best practices to IT community and the business
• Partner with engineering teams to understand technology offerings and how they can be applied to solve business problems
• Design and implement mid to large scale systems management software to automate existing tasks, streamline operations and improve productivity
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• • Team player, eager to work in a global organization
• Energy, self-motivation and independence to manage multiple tasks
• Programming expertise in one or more of the following languages: Python, Ruby, Java, .NET, C++, Erlang (knowledge of Haskell, Lisp, Clojure, Scala or Prolog is a strong plus)
• Analytical mindset, creativity and commercial focus to deliver optimal solutions for the business
• Experience building and sustaining long-term relationships with clients and colleagues
• Judgment to prioritize and escalate issues in order to influence objectives and outcomes
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• • Masters or PhD in Computer Science or related field • Computer Science skills in one or more of the following considered a plus: machine learning, compilers, formal methods, lambda calculus, hardware engineering, concurrency • Proven experience with all stages in the lifecycle of large distributed systems: inception, analysis, design, implementation, runtime, maintenance • Experience managing performance, availability and scale of mid- to large-sized systems • Academic or commercial experience developing software for Windows and Linux
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity