In Internal Audit, we ensure that Goldman Sachs maintains effective controls by assessing the reliability of financial reports, monitoring the firm’s compliance with laws and regulations, and advising management on developing smart control solutions. Our group has unique insight on the financial industry and its products and operations. We’re looking for detail-oriented team players who have an interest in financial markets and want to gain insight into the firm’s operations and control processes.
• Securities - covers the firm’s Sales and Trading and businesses across Equities and FICC; and related supporting control functions such as Operations, Technology, Product Control and Compliance
• Investment Banking – covers the firm’s banking activities and Global Investment Research operations
• Investment Management - covers the firm’s Private Wealth Management, Asset Management and Merchant Banking businesses.
• Corporate - covers the firm’s Risk Management, Corporate Governance, Finance, Legal, Compliance and Regulatory Reporting areas as well as Human Capital Management, Services and the Executive Office.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Participation in planning and scoping reviews, meeting with key people within the business being reviewed to walk through the business and technology processes and identify the key risks and controls to be assessed.
• Preparation of the audit testing program and assessment of the adequacy of the design and operation of the controls associated with the key risks identified.
• Assessment of the risk and impact of the issues identified on reviews and reporting to management.
• Follow up with stakeholders on remediation of issues identified during audits.
• Ad hoc work on firmwide projects around new processes or activities and investigation of incidents.
• Ongoing liaison with colleagues globally and internal and external stakeholders including regulators and external audit.
• Maintenance of internal client relationships and regular interaction with the business during the year to assess changes in the control environment and other matters arising in the business.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE’RE LOOKING FOR
•Bachelor’s degree with minimum 3 years of experience
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
• Comfortable managing multiple stakeholders, driving consensus and influencing outcomes
• Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA) or other relevant certification
• Business knowledge, particularly related Internal Audit experience in the Securities industry
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity