WHAT WE DO
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Engineering is at the centre of our business and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in trade processing, big data, cloud computing and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
The Listed Derivatives and Clearing business within Prime Services is a technology intensive business that provides our clients with global trading and clearing services for listed derivatives (e.g. futures & options).
Listed Clearing Engineering partners closely as a front-to-back unit with Trading, Sales, and Operations to generate a direct impact on business revenue. We are committed to leading and building the best in class middle and back office platforms to meet dynamic client needs and high trading volumes. We connect clients to over 40 global clearing venues and continually expand our platforms to process new markets and products. The functional complexity of listed derivatives markets, products and their lifecycle means that you will always feel challenged and inspired to innovate.
The Listed Clearing industry is currently going through a transformation in how Clearing Houses, Clearing Brokers (GS) and clients interact and do business and this directly impacts how our platforms are being designed, architected and distributed. It is an exciting time for you to make your impact on this transformation.
The team is accountable for platform advancement to meet the evolving needs of the global business via rapid software deployment. You will build partnerships with our stakeholders across Trading, Sales, Operations and Engineering to implement effective and creative solutions.
The team is distributed across Bengaluru, London, New York, Salt Lake City and Singapore with a diverse set of people, skills and ideas. You will collaborate as part the team, forming strong relationships in a fast-paced environment, continually learning and growing your skills. Neither technology or our business stand still, so you'll grow alongside the team and enjoy a role that rewards multi-tasking, initiative and strong execution.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Design, build and maintain high-performance, high-availability, high-capacity platforms for front to back clearing and trade processing functions
• Understand market and client behaviour, regulations, front to back business and Operations functions
• Work closely with Trading, Sales, Operations, Engineering teams to define behaviour, functionality and expected outcomes for the products under development
• Work closely and collaboratively with colleagues across regions
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Approx. 1-2 years of Core Java development experience (solid understanding of Core Java concepts and Design Patterns). Similar expertise with equivalent object oriented languages also considered (e.g. C++/C#). Desire to build strong and efficient SDLC practices.
• Approx. 1-2 years RDBMS experience (Sybase or UDB preferred - able to write and analyze complex queries with multi-table joins and aggregate functions)
• Approx. 1-2 years OO design/development
• Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with a hands-on experience of debugging and optimizing code, as well as automation
• Strong interpersonal skills and drive. Excellent communication skills required, able to contribute to discussions on design and strategy.
• Unix environment working experience
• Scripting (Perl/Python/Shell)
• Test Driven development
• Tomcat experience a plus
• Big data technology stack
• Financial market knowledge
• RESTful web services
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity