Our division works on some of the most complex financial challenges and transactions in the market today. Whether advising on a merger, providing financial solutions for an acquisition, or structuring an initial public offering, we handle projects that help clients at major milestones. We work with corporations, pension funds, financial sponsors, and governments and are team of strong analytical thinkers, who have a passion for producing out-of-the-box ideas.
The Rating Advisory team is responsible for providing our Investment Banking clients with advice and services relating to their credit profile, financing options and credit rating considerations. The team works in tandem with our Investment Banking, Merger & Acquisition, and Financing Group colleagues and plays an integral role in structuring integrated corporate finance and financing solutions.
The Rating Advisory team leverages its extensive expertise in financial, credit and rating analysis to provide astute, objective transactional and advisory judgments to the firm and its clients.
Duties: Associate with Goldman Sachs & Co. LLC. In New York, NY. Rating advisor on all types of financial institutions, including banks, insurance companies, and other finance companies.
Are you passionate about corporate finance? We’re looking for a professional to join our Rating Advisory team who wants to use their skills to provide vital credit analysis and advice to our clients.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Perform capital structure analysis in the context of M&A, LBOs, restructurings, etc
• Estimate potential rating and rating impact of transactions
• Develop and audit models applied to credit and rating assessments
• Participate in initial and ongoing ratings processes for clients
• Develop knowledge of rating agency methodologies, track evolutions of criteria
• Establish a network of contacts at the rating agencies
• Participate in client meetings on rating related matters
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Degree in Economics / Finance / Accounting related discipline is preferable
• Familiarity with credit analysis of regulated financial institutions is preferable
• Experience with modelling and financial statements analysis
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
• Ability to work flexibly as part of multiple teams and autonomously
• Ability to juggle changing priorities and a varied workload
• Experience assessing credit worthiness, financing options and potential credit rating in a previous job / internship will be helpful
• Language skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity