Are you interested in a global Operations role focused on risk management and process improvements within an investment bank? Liquidity Management is seeking a professional with a strong understanding of liquidity management to drive our global agenda which is focused on the key areas of liquidity execution, projections, and controls.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
Liquidity Management is a team of critical thinkers who manages the firm’s daily funding requirements which consist of both cash and securities inventory. Our global team oversees the Firm's overall cash flows, payment strategy, and optimization of the Firm’s inventory across Fixed Income & Equity collateral.
Liquidity Management partners with Corporate Treasury, Liquidity Trading Desks, and other the teams across the Federation to provide real-time and forward looking currency projections, while managing the disbursement of cash and securities across the Firm’s accounts. Liquidity Management plays a key role in the management of the of Firm’s secured funding business by optimizing the allocation of collateral in triparty repurchase agreement trades. Liquidity Management also partners with Transaction Banking Operations to provide front to back services to transaction banking clients around the world in services including cash management. For every new product launched and every client on-boarded Liquidity management helps with the development and enables business flow.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL:
• Compile and submit real-time and forward looking USD and collateral projections to the Short Term Interest Rate desk and Corporate Treasury
• Compile and submit Tom/Next and Cash/Next FX orders to Foreign Exchange desks
• Compile and analyze numerous liquidity metrics on a daily basis to key stakeholders
• Fund firm bank accounts and monitor overnight regulated loan relationships across the Firm’s entities
• Liaise with various middle office and settlements team across the globe to ensure accurate projections & reduce liquidity risk
• Assessing reconciliations and systems requirements for New Products as well as being involved in any initiatives undertaken to improve efficiencies and enhance controls
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• 1-3 years of professional and relevant experience
• Expertise Technical knowledge of payments scheme requirements i.e. CHAPS, BACS, FPS, Target 2, SEPA, SWIFT and general cash management is expected
• Proficient in payment messaging formats (ISO 20022 and 15022 standards)
• Prior work experience in an evolving industry change is a plus
• BA/BS degree
• Identify, escalate and implement controls to mitigate risk
• Knowledge on payments viz., SWIFT payments, CLS, clearing methods
• Enhance processes to adapt the regulatory changes
• Analyze and resolve exceptions in the process
• Work towards improving efficiency & control of existing processes
• Minimize financial, reputational and regulatory risk to the firm and its clients
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity