Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
Our Reconciliation team is looking for a professional to play a key role in safeguarding the Firm’s reputation by ensuring clients positions & portfolio information are maintained appropriately on our institutional client accounts.
Portfolio Data and Control team has primary responsibility for all aspects of portfolio control, accounting, cash management and client reporting. This is undertaken for a wide range of clients and a complex product range covering equities, fixed income, currency and derivatives. In this the team supports Portfolio Managers and Traders, Sales and Marketing and Client Service professionals by providing accurate and timely client account information.
BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) is the investment management arm providing global investment opportunities to a substantial and diversified client base including institutions, governments and high net worth individuals. GSAM has become one of the pre-eminent investment management organisations globally, with responsibility for over $1.3 Tn assets under management.
JOB SUMMARY AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Individual is responsible for processing all standard and many non-standard transactions within a process. The focus of the role is to ensure the accuracy and quality of work and appropriately escalating any unresolved issues to senior management.
The Individual typically researches and troubleshoots many problems independently and is expected to take the initiative to identify opportunities for process improvements within their area of expertise. They must develop an understanding of the inter-operability between the processes they work on and other processes in the department.
• Core Reconciliations Functions include the following :
- Daily Cash & Position Reconciliation with custodians & Prime Brokers.
- Daily Price/Position/Total Equity reconciliation for Futures and OTC derivatives products.
- Daily/Monthly Portfolio Market Value reconciliation with Fund administrators.
• Additionally, the responsibilities of the role will also involve:
- Contributing to the development of the methods to improve processes and controls.
- Obtaining sound understanding of a wide range of financial products and markets as well as broad knowledge of our systems, with emphasis on life cycle, market practices and regulations.
- Responding promptly to client and counterparty inquiries, committing to deliverables as well as undertaking ad hoc investigation and analysis, where this is appropriate.
- Complying with internal controls, policies and procedures and regularly reviewing and updating procedures and training documentation.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity