Are you looking to apply your client service and analytical skills while deepening your understanding of asset management? Our Trade Management team is seeking a professional who is looking to partner with our diversified Asset Management Portfolio Managers and global business counterparts to provide best in-class client experience to define solutions and lead change across the operational infrastructure.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve and enhance the firm’s assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow.
The Liquidity Management(LM) team sits within Trade Management operations which has primary responsibility for all aspects of cash management, collateral management, post-trade guideline oversight, trade life-cycle and serves as the single point of contact for all operations related liquidity inquiries. These functions cover a wide range of clients and a complex product range, which include equities, fixed income, currency and derivatives. The group supports portfolio managers, client relationship managers by providing accurate and timely liquidity information and overseeing all aspects of operational risk & clients counterparty risk across portfolios. This involves extensive interaction with internal and external parties to ensure effective oversight for existing business and also to shape and implement solutions for new clients, products, strategies, and system architecture.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Holistic ownership and understanding of client accounts from a GSAM Operations perspective, trade life-cycle and act as a single point of contact for GSAM business for any liquidity related issues
• Ensure accounting data accuracy and provide accounting policy oversight in order to create controlled environment for investment management process
• Daily cash forecasting in multi-currency portfolios to include overdraft monitoring and fund liquidity reporting
• Trading desk support to include ad-hoc queries as well as ongoing business initiatives
• Manage collateral and counterparty exposures across multiple product classes and various regulations
• Build relationships with outside financial institutions (brokers, custodians, prime brokers and fund administrators) to improve the quality and productivity of work by integrating best practices as appropriate
• Liaise with traders and brokers to ensure efficient settlement of trading activity
• Partner and liaise with client relationship team and client implementation team to qualify new business, implement account events, and ensure the adequacy of account structures and surveillance
• Proactively review indicators of operational issues/concerns with the goal of resolving such issues before client impact
• Review account level metrics (i.e. reconciling items on cash/position reconciliations, failing trades, etc.) as defined by operating standards and research, escalate, remediate exceptions as appropriate
• Providing effective thought leadership in navigating evolving financial regulatory landscape and helping to develop technological solutions to build appropriate architecture
• Scalability analysis of workflow cost drivers and trends to help drive process improvements and efficiency, budgeting and cost allocation to various revenue producing desks
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Minimum of 1 year of professional experience
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Be highly collaborative, team-oriented and strong consensus builder
• Demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills both written and oral
• Previous experience in Operations and/or Financial Services industry
• Knowledge of Collateral or Treasury operations
• Demonstrate ability to partner across product groups, regions and functional responsibilities
• Be a strategic thinker, possesses strong facilitation and data gathering skills
• Attention to detail and ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure and to provide practical solutions
• Risk management focus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity