Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
Client On-boarding is a key function performed at the forefront of the firms commercial aspirations. We work hand in hand with the PWM Sales teams in providing a best in class on boarding experience for new clients. Client On-boarding is responsible for capturing all necessary information for regulatory and firm policies and perform due diligence on all new accounts and works closely with PWM business teams, PWM Compliance, PWM Legal, and other Operations groups to ensure a positive client experience during the on-boarding process. Our ability to partner in this role is key and therefore a significant skill-set for this role is stakeholder management.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Develop relationships with PWM business teams, PWM Compliance, PWM Legal, and other Operations groups to ensure that PWM Operations is providing the highest quality introductory experience throughout the on boarding process
• Ensure that all client documentation required by the Firm’s Customer Identification Program (CIP) is received, reviewed and approved within the appropriate time-frames in line with AML and Know Your Client requirements
• Ensure downstream systems correctly recognize approved clients, products and services, including Cash products, Client Statement and Performance reporting
• Review relevant client and Legal documentation, verify client signatures and perform regulatory and risk related exception processing
• Resolve issues through coordination with PWM business, PWM Compliance, PWM Legal and other Operations teams
• Work with various teams, including the PWM business and Operations, on process improvement and strategic projects
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelor’s degree
• Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, etc.) as well as proficiency with web-based applications
• Good understanding of the financial industry including active interest in financial services and Operations
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to build the trust and confidence in capabilities, work well with others internally to accomplish client objectives
• Must be a team player, hardworking, resourceful and eager to learn
• Must be able to multi-task, prioritize work, and work well under pressure from multiple clients/constituents to respond to inquiries quickly
• Highly organized, attention to detail and excellent follow through skills
• Proactive, self-starting individual with high levels of ownership and ability to work independently, to gather information, make decisions and drive results
• Highly motivated with enthusiasm to learn the business and the clients we support
• 2+ years financial industry experience (AML or other Client On-boarding Regulatory experience a plus)
• Knowledge of legal documentation (e.g. trust agreements, partnership agreements and corporate resolutions)
• Foreign language skills a plus (preferably German)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity