The Core Authentication Engineering team within Security Platform Engineering is responsible for designing, developing and implementing critical authentication platforms. Core Authentication Engineering also provides consulting services to other application engineering teams within the firm to ensure consistently secure and reliable authentication implementations. GS authentication platforms are built on a diverse set of foundational vendor, open source and in-house developed products.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Build critical authentication solutions to integrate with existing and new systems
• Collaborate on feature design and problem solving
• Partner with colleagues from across technology and risk to ensure an outstanding, useable and unobtrusive experience for authentication
• Help to provide frictionless integration with the firm’s runtime, deployment and SDLC technologies
• Manage the full lifecycle of software components, from requirements through design, testing, development, release and demise
• Help to communicate and promote best practices for authentication across the firm
• Engage in production troubleshooting and engineer product improvements to eliminate manual investigation were possible
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• • Understanding of modern application design, best practices and infrastructure
• • Understanding of some or all of the following concepts: oAuth 2.0, SAML 2.0, Open ID Connect, IAM (Identity and Access Management), Web Application Security, entitlement management, micro-services, mission critical and highly available solutions/architectures, API gateways, REST APIs, Security Logging
• • Familiarity with security products such as PingFederate, AD, Okta (or other IAM solutions) is desirable
• • Understanding or experience working with modern DevOps solutions such as AWS (or other Public Cloud), Terraform, Containers (Docker, Kubernetes) is desirable
• • Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose performance, security, and process interactions in complex distributed systems
• • Ability to understand and effectively debug both new and existing software
• • Ability to communicate technical concepts effectively and possessing the interpersonal skills required to collaborate effectively with colleagues across diverse technology teams
• Ability to communicate technical concepts effectively and possessing the interpersonal skills required to collaborate effectively with colleagues across diverse technology teams
• • 4 years of experience developing an enterprise level software in Java, .Net etc. or 3-4 years of experience building, supporting or maintaining IT Security solutions (or both)
• • Experience in design of highly critical and scalable IT solutions
• Experience monitoring, measuring, auditing and supporting software
• Scripting skills using Python or Bash
• Experience designing, installing and operating security products and infrastructures
• • Preferred background in IT security, including authentication, authorization, encryption and secure coding practices
• • Strong analytical, reporting and presentation skills
• • Excellent communication skills
• Strong analytical, reporting and presentation skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity