Manage high risk enterprise projects by leveraging best-in-class project management skills and strong functional / architectural expertise.
Engineering require a hybrid Business Analyst and Project Manager to drive forward a number of initiatives that require involvement in various areas of Engineering.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• The role creates the opportunity for an individual to manage projects across various Divisions of the firm which require an engineering uplift in order to meet new business opportunities and/or respond to industry and regulatory demands.
• We are seeking a Business Analyst / Project Manager with excellent analytical, communication and co-ordination skills to support technology needs across the Divisions. Roles will include: -- Meeting with Business users to identify, define & document the problem domain • Preparing business workflow diagrams, use cases, UI Design, Requirement Specifications, logical data model, business test scenarios, status reports, etc. •Supporting the project team during the entire development lifecycle by clarifying business requirements, testing applications and reports, and ensuring that the technical solution meets the business requirements•Facilitating appropriate end user training and communications. The Business Analyst will expect to acquire detailed knowledge of multiple areas within the firm.
• The candidate will need to articulate business cases and explain financial metrics to senior leaders across Engineering and other Divisions• Conduct data analysis and ensures consistency and accuracy of information provided• Lead and facilitates the gathering and creation of user requirements across multiple functional areas within the Technology Division• Develop requirements documentation based on information gathered and in conjunction with senior members across the Technology Division• Set agenda for requirements working sessions and meetings• Gather requirements and capture actions and issues• Develop solution proposals • Document pertinent business processes via flow-charts• Probe for edge cases to uncover subtleties in the current processes• Communicate updates, statuses and timelines to all stakeholders• Escalate items that are unresolved or at risk• Prioritize analysis based on risks and demonstrate ability to work with incomplete information• Ask focused questions and rapidly gain an in-depth understanding of the current processes and compare and relate to similar situations• Deliver key results to senior management and address corresponding queries• Conduct research on topical issues• Conduct detailed problem tracking, resolutions and completion of all actions and issues by their deadlines
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Highly motivated individual with the ability to work autonomously as well as in a team and collaboration oriented environment• Must demonstrate considerable energy, focus, drive and a sense of urgency• Financially astute with a solid and broad understanding of technology and related financials• Excellent attention to detail• Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills• Strong analytical skills• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively articulate business cases and drive consensus with senior management• Ability to coordinate activities with multiple interdependencies• Ability to escalate at the right times• Bachelor's degree or international equivalent• 6-10 years of experience as a Business Analyst within the financial services industry
• Understanding of Investment Banking Business and Financial concepts, products and services•Understanding of the Technology Concepts and System Development Life Cycle fundamentals•Good analytical skills with the ability to identify inefficiencies and recommend solutions• Demonstrated skills in creating business and technical requirements documentation that developers can use to create applications that support the functional, technical and visual requirements•Ability to generate business use cases and screen mockups describing the business processes and expected functional experience•Experience in developing test plans, strategies and conducting User Acceptance Testing •Excellent communications skills to effectively communicate with bankers and systems developers •Ability to work in a team environment
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity