Fixed Income, Currency, and Commodities (FICC) Technology plays a key role in the firm’s ability to help institutional clients buy and sell financial instruments on liquidity venues around the world, an important revenue driver for the firm. In FICC Technology we use both open source industry standard and internal proprietary technologies to build cutting edge platforms for pricing, execution, and control over each of these millions of transactions.
FICC Technology is looking for a developer to work on a strategic platform for real-time pricing and quoting for our division. This platform will be used to drive real-time decision making and trade-booking by traders and sales across a range of business lines on a daily basis.
The ideal candidate would have experience and interest in building a large scale distributed system that is fast, accurate and highly reliable. They should also have commercial experience in Java. The successful candidate will join a team of talented developers working on this highly visible and prestigious project. The opportunity will appeal to motivated individuals who want to work directly with the trading desks.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Build a unified world-class risk management framework supporting all aspects of trading in various fixed income
• Execute full stack development in all and any components of the system required to solve the business problems presented.
• Write unit and integration tests to assert the correctness of the features you’ve implemented
• Work directly with Trading, Sales and Strategists
• Learn about the FICC business while working with a talented group of individuals.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Honour’s degree in a STEM subject
• 3+ years of professional Java development experience
• Familiarity with testing tools in Java
• Excellent object oriented analysis and design skills
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance
• Experience in NoSQL data stores, e.g. Cassandra or MongoDB
• Experience in modern message oriented middleware, e.g. Kafka or RabbitMQ
• Experience in debugging distributed systems
• Experience in developing software for Akka or Vertx
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity