GLOBAL INVESTMENT RESEARCH
From macroeconomic forecasts to individual stock analysis, our team develops tools and insights to help shape investment strategies for clients and the firm. Our analysts work on client-focused research in the equity, fixed-income, currency, and commodities markets, mining big data that enters markets around the world each day to identify game-changing insights. You’ll be part of a team that is intellectually curious, creative, analytical, and passionate about performing market research.
The Research Publishing Group (RPG) within Global Investment Research (GIR) is responsible for: (1) producing high quality and compliant research products in a timely manner and (2) the distribution of these products to internal and external clients of Goldman Sachs.
RPG is comprised of two global teams: (1) the Content Management Group, who review and approve research from an editorial and regulatory perspective prior to publication; (2) the Data Management & Analytics Group, who manage data associated with the Economies, Industries, and Companies covered by GIR analyst teams as well as client data; and provides analysis and customized reports for GIR management.
The position will be based in Bengaluru.
The Data Management team is responsible for: managing the publishing workflow of our coverage and analyst setups for various disciplines within GIR; the contact and interest details of our clients; managing research subscriptions & entitlements for clients to view our research on our research portal and 3rd party sites; maintaining internal databases for the division; and working with GIR Management to execute divisional endeavors to enhance research products and infrastructure.
Work with other members of the Data Management Team in Bengaluru and New York to perform data collection, data quality assurance and reporting functions to senior management for the following key divisional projects:
• Coverage Management – work with sector analyst teams and the Research Publishing Group to enter and manage relevant company data in the GIR database. Specific
o Data entry and maintenance of GIR coverage information for equity securities and credit issuers, globally
o Perform data quality checks on pricing and corporate action events
o Work closely with global GIR offices to define and implement consistent work flow around the management and reporting of coverage data
• Client Data Management – responsible for data collection of relevant client relationship information, including:
o The collection, interpretation and entry of broker votes and client feedback data
o Ensure the data integrity and quality of the data that is entered into the Global Broker Vote system
o Support broker vote reporting for regular and ad-hoc requests from GIR Management teams
o Manage subscriptions and permissioning of clients to access GIR published research products on our research portal and on various 3rd party platforms
o Maintain contact and interest details of our clients in smaRt, the GIR CRM database
• Project Management - support endeavors for different DMG workflow tracks
o Ability to define project goals and meet deadlines
o Effectively liaison with different stakeholders
o Familiar with UAT processes to support GIR initiatives
• Analyst Scorecard – tracks a variety of metrics related to analyst performance including results from broker review, stock picking performance and model quality etc. Specific
responsibilities would include:
o Detailed audit of year-end Scorecard reports to ensure accuracy of metrics and to ensure that calculations and quartiles are functioning properly
o Assist in UAT/project management of year-end audit.
• Minimum of 2-4 years relevant work experience
• Strong communication (oral and written) and negotiation skills
• Ability to manage time and prioritize tasks
• Advanced Excel skills required; VBA/Macro/SAS/Python writing experience a plus
• Excellent analytical, organizational, and decision making skills, with high attention to detail and data accuracy
• Knowledge of project management processes
• Solid understanding of databases and reporting tools
• Responsible team player who is able to work efficiently to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Good business judgment, the ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• Ability to problem solve and logically resolve complex issues
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity