Application Opening Date: 03 February 2020
Application Closing Date: 01 March 2020
As a Macro Strat, you will play a noticeably central role in trade structuring, pricing, execution and risk management. More so than at most other desks. This presents a highly visible platform to use your skills and knowledge into making a tangible impact to the firm’s bottom line. You will gain familiarity with a wide range of asset classes and risk factors despite sitting in a single business. This provides an invaluable and unusual opportunity to build a deep foundation of product knowledge.
The Macro Trading business operates a global business in market risk intermediation via derivatives, secured financing, exotic note issuances and secondary trading.
In the past years, we have analysed and transacted a vast spectrum of product, including interest rates options, structured rates products and repacks. There is plenty of new area to explore in our world and our Strats team is highly valued by the business.
HOW YOU WILL FULFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
· Developing pricing and risk analytics and tools for Volex Trading businesses
· Working on exotic notes models and transactions
· Working on hybrid products such as repack and bond options
· Building and maintaining a complete trading, market making, and risk management platform and supporting the daily functioning of the business
· Assisting in Firm-wide Strategies initiatives
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong academic record with Master’s/PhD level or equivalent in Physics, Engineering, Mathematics or a related discipline required
- Prior experience of working as a Strat within the Investment Banking/Financial Services industry required
- Experience with CVA/FVA risk calculations, gap risk calculations, pricing/derivative pricing and modelling required
- Familiarity with design and analysis of algorithms and programme optimisations required
- Knowledge of interest rates, FX, credit market and products
- Demonstrable involvement with continuous improvement initiatives required
- Knowledge of Monte Carlo frameworks, distributed computing, infrastructure automation, model calibration and diffusion, linear algebra routines and pricing algorithms required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be a collaborative team-player
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity