As part of Network Engineering, the Foundational Protocol Engineering (FPE) Frontline team is responsible for deployment, implementation, operations and product life-cycle management of cross-platform enterprise critical services (secure infrastructure environments, DNS, DHCP, IPAM, Time Services, etc.) comprising of in-house built and commercial vendor systems. Functioning as part of a global team providing escalation support for troubleshooting, resolving incidents, providing RCA and resolution recommendations to clients. The team is engaged and works with internal technical teams and vendor subject matter experts on design, architecture, implementation and support for solutions within FPE.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• • An individual in this role will be part of a diverse global frontline engineering team responsible for deployment, implementation, operations and product life-cycle management of critical services and solutions within the global enterprise environment.
• • Work with a global team on troubleshooting, resolving incidents and implementing solutions across FPE products.
• • Opportunity to manage and implement your projects in a global enterprise environment while gaining deep technical understanding of products and solutions within FPE.
• • Communicating and collaborating with cross-platform teams on technical challenges and solutions.
• • Maintain accurate diagrams, inventory and documentation on FPE products deployment and infrastructure.
• • Follow established policies and procedures for preparing and executing break fix changes, handling incidents and escalations.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• • Understanding and working knowledge of enterprise DNS/DHCP and IPAM architecture and management capabilities.
• • Technical experience with IP Anycast design, iBGP/eBGP network routing protocol, and Quagga.
• • Strong proficiency in Linux management and scripting.
• • Hand-on experience in troubleshooting applications in Python and/or Perl. Understanding of REST APIs used by the enterprise.
• • Demonstrable project management experience with evidence of successful project delivery.
• • Highly self-motivated and the ability to work independently as well as in a global team environment.
• • Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
• • Good communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
• • Experience working with and management of enterprise DNS/DHCP and IPAM solutions.
• • Working knowledge of Enterprise Nokia QIP product is a plus.
• • Experience with at least one programming language (Python, Perl, Java).
• • Understanding database data modeling (SQL and NoSQL).
• • Understanding message queueing products (RabbitMQ, Kafka).
• • Understanding of NTP and clock management.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.