Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
Are you looking to apply your problem solving abilities and creative thinking while deepening your understanding of derivative products and industry regulatory requirements? Confirmations Execution Group is looking for a highly motivated individual with excellent teamwork, organizational, communication and risk management skills. You will need to multi-task well and be able to adapt quickly to an ever-changing list of demands. The role will require extensive coordination and interaction with various Operations teams, Sales & Trading, Technology, Compliance, Legal and other professionals across the firm to mitigate risks associated with the documentation and support of derivative transactions.
BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW:
The Confirmations Execution Group within Operations was formed in 2014 with a mission to facilitate high efficiency & risk reduction through technology optimization, process convergence and a flexible global cross-product organizational structure yielding highest possible regulatory compliance, enhanced client experience, superior partnership with the Business and functional diversity for our people through cross-asset exposure.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL:
• Build and maintain a strong Business relationship with derivative trading desks and ensure that their queries and requests are appropriately addressed.
• Prepare and review legal documentation of non-standard derivative trade documentation with Trading, Legal and outside counsel.
• Partner with Trading and other Operations teams to provide commentary on legal language and insight for long-term support requirements
• Ensure control measures are in place and applied to support existing and new structured transactions
• Ensure confirmations accurately incorporate the appropriate ISDA Definitions, Supplements and MCAs
• Coordinating with external clients to ensure timely execution of confirmations and resolve all outstanding queries on documentation.
• Participate in enhancement projects with Technology and other Operations colleagues, with an aim to improving scalability and efficiency of the confirmation process.
• Design and initiate process improvements with thorough understanding of template architecture and system flows
• Respond to an ever-evolving regulatory environment by:
o Developing expertise in regulatory requirements and acting as a consultant to translate these regulatory requirements into functional requirements
o Analyzing regulatory compliance data
Preferred candidate will have minimum 3 years of operations experience, preferably in derivatives. Ideal candidate should have an understanding of commodity derivatives, including the current regulatory environment. Knowledge of current industry focuses and structured transactions a plus.
• BA or BS degree is required; concentration in finance or legal studies a plus.
• Excellent team player, able to work well inside a group and broadly across an organization
• Proven ability to organize and prioritize own workload and drive results
• Familiarity with the firm’s risk and control framework
• Ability to multitask and work in high pressure environment.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; demonstrated confidence in communicating in a variety of forums and with varied audiences, including: formal presentations, training sessions, larger meeting venues, and with external/internal clients
• Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment; able to work independently and as a self-starter, as appropriate
• Attention to detail, particularly with regard to legal language and a sense of urgency in escalating and resolving outstanding issues.
• Demonstrated commitment to quality controls and procedures
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Excellent PC skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Understanding of the derivatives industry
• Project management experience
• Legal documentation experience
• Experience working with legal counsel and external customers a plus"
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity