Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
WHAT WE DO
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
WHO WE LOOK FOR
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
We are looking for a hands on, deeply technical leader to join in a senior role for a new payments business that we are building at Goldman Sachs. You will lead a team of software engineers in delivering the full offering, including design of the overall architecture, development of new components, integration with existing systems owned by different teams, and evaluation and use of vendor solutions. The ideal candidate will have experience partnering with business stakeholders, and building a technology product from the ground up.
- Build and lead a team of software engineers in design, development, testing, deployment, and support of all technology required to run a Payments business
- Develop and oversee strategy including technical architecture, technology choices, and build vs open-source vs buy evaluation for software components and services
- Maintain a focus on quality, attention to detail, communication with stakeholders, and timely delivery
- Form strong relationships with business stakeholders. Work directly with the executive team on overall progress and goals. Communicate and manage expectations across all functions of the organization
- Provide technical and career mentoring to junior members of the team to help them excel in their careers
- Manage vendors and contractors where applicable